[Xquartz-dev] Problem with vncviewer on 2.5.0

Kyle Lucke kylelucke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:50:48 PDT 2010

Jeremy,

I'm running a version of vncviewer to connect to a remote vncserver, and am using XQuartz 2.5.0.  I'm running into an issue where I can't use a particular application very well because I can't seem to hold the shift key combined with the mouse to select multiple items.

I've compiled the version of vncviewer I'm using for linux, and have tried it on a linux system connected to the same remote vncserver, and I can perform the shift and multiple click just fine.

I've used xev to capture the various events when I try to do this using XQuartz, and I think I've found where this breaks.  When I hold the shift key, I see a KeyPress event for Shift_L.  Immediately when I mouse click, I first see a KeyRelease event followed by the ButtonPress & ButtonRelease events for button 1.

When I do the same sequence when running vncviewer from a linux machine, I don't see the KeyRelease event when I single click.

Is this a known feature/bug?

Kyle Lucke
kylelucke at gmail.com