[Xquartz-dev] Problem with vncviewer on 2.5.0

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Fri Jul 9 10:11:56 PDT 2010

On Jul 9, 2010, at 09:50, Kyle Lucke wrote:

> I've used xev to capture the various events when I try to do this using XQuartz, and I think I've found where this breaks.  When I hold the shift key, I see a KeyPress event for Shift_L.  Immediately when I mouse click, I first see a KeyRelease event followed by the ButtonPress & ButtonRelease events for button 1.

Interesting.  Do you have any 3rd party input devices or drivers that might be interfering?  My first guess was that this was related to "emulate 3 button mouse", but I cannot reproduce this in xev with that setting on or off.  I am on 2.5.1_rc2, but I can't think of anything that I changed in that area in the last couple months... still, it might be worth you updating to 2.5.1_rc2 so we're on the same version as something may have slipped my mind.