[Xquartz-dev] Problem with vncviewer on 2.5.0

Kyle Lucke kylelucke at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 14:29:32 PDT 2010

I have a logitech mouse hooked up to my Macbook pro, but no logitech driver, just the stock one that comes with Snow Leopard.  For what it's worth, I do have 'Emulate three button mouse' checked for when I use the trackpad when I'm away from my desk.

Interestingly, xev only exhibits this behavior when I'm running it on the remote system from within the vnc session.  It doesn't exhibit this behavior when I'm running xev from an OS X xterm, which I just found out this afternoon when trying to duplicate the bug on my co-worker's machine.  (Which I can do -- he's also on Snow Leopard & 2.5.0 and sees the same problem when using vncviewer built from the same source, which seems to eliminate drivers, as he doesn't have any either.)  It also doesn't happen if I run xev on the remote system from an OS X xterm that I've used 'ssh -X' to get to, and display xev on XQuartz.

This seems to point to a problem with the ancient vncviewer source I'm forced to use because of my environment, but this all works when using the same source compiled on the linux machine, which is what's so puzzling to me.  Does any of this ring any bells?

I'll have to try 2.5.1_rc2 this weekend or early next week, and see if I'm still seeing the strange behavior.

Kyle Lucke
kylelucke at gmail.com