[Xquartz-dev] Fully self contained Xquartz.app?

doh123 doh123 at doh123.com
Wed Jul 14 09:48:46 PDT 2010

because my main goal isn't for Xquartz itself, its for Wineskin, which has Xquartz packaged inside... because Wine has to have X11, and I try to make the apps run as much like a native app as possible, hiding Wine and Xquartz and everything from the user.  Just using the default install of X11 on the system is problematic, since I wouldn't know which features are available from what they had installed, and that Wine compiles its winex11 driver against the X11 version and location...  I've gotten past all that, right now XKB is the only thing I use thats holding me up, so I'm going to modify it to not have a hard set location, then I should be good to go.

For normal Xquartz usage, after Jeremy's reply, I see how it can be problematic, as I didn't think about full X11 usage, since I only use parts.