[Xquartz-dev] Fully self contained Xquartz.app?

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed Jul 14 11:17:05 PDT 2010

On Jul 14, 2010, at 09:48, doh123 wrote:

> because my main goal isn't for Xquartz itself, its for Wineskin, which has Xquartz packaged inside... because Wine has to have X11, and I try to make the apps run as much like a native app as possible, hiding Wine and Xquartz and everything from the user.

You can require that your users select the X11User.pkg which means they will have /usr/X11 on their system.  This is what Codeweavers does for Crossover currently.

>  Just using the default install of X11 on the system is problematic, since I wouldn't know which features are available from what they had installed,

what do you mean by that?  It's not like users can configure what parts of X11 they install.  They either have it or they don't.  You get the version that comes with the OS.

> and that Wine compiles its winex11 driver against the X11 version and location...

yeah... and you're building wine, so what's the problem?