[Xquartz-dev] Fully self contained Xquartz.app?

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sat Jul 17 00:06:31 PDT 2010

+ doh123 <doh123 at doh123.com>:

> if this is an Apple bug with Mac OS X, why does it only happen with
> Xquartz?  and if its just like... something with X11, The X11 built
> into Crossover doesn't seem to have any problems like this... seems
> like there should be a way to fix it in Xquartz.

I'm not sure what you mean by "this", since several issues have been
mentioned, but FWIW, if you're talking about the momentary loss of
focus issue, I am seeing a possibly related phenomenon in
Terminal.app:

I have a folder named /local/distribs/ in which I store various
distribution files (.dmg, .tar.gz and similar for all sorts of
software). Whenever I run a command
   mv something-or-orther /local/distribs/
in a Terminal window, the window loses focus for a fraction of a
second. Similarly, if I run
   rm /local/distribs/something-or-other
the window loses focus for a much shorter fraction of a second.

Apart from this oddity, there is nothing unusual about
/local/distribs/ that I can see. It does not happen with any other
folder that I know of.

; ls -lde at O /local/distribs
drwxr-xr-x  406 hanche  staff  13804 Jul 17 08:58 /local/distribs/

- Harald