[Xquartz-dev] Fully self contained Xquartz.app?

Brian Bender zt4q4o402 at sneakemail.com
Sat Jul 17 18:14:52 PDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 3:06 AM, Harald Hanche-Olsen
hanche-at-math.ntnu.no |Xquartz-dev/Allow to me|
<d83born98t at sneakemail.com> wrote:

> I have a folder named /local/distribs/ in which I store various distribution
> files (.dmg, .tar.gz and similar for all sorts of software). Whenever I run
> a command
>  mv something-or-orther /local/distribs/
> in a Terminal window, the window loses focus for a fraction of a second.
> Similarly, if I run
>  rm /local/distribs/something-or-other
> the window loses focus for a much shorter fraction of a second.

Do you have any "Folder Actions" enabled on that folder? It sounds
like an Applescript is firing off when you move something into it (and
the applescript runner does momentarily grab focus when it runs)

 - Brian