[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.1_beta4

robert delius royar x11 at frinabulax.org
Thu May 13 11:26:32 PDT 2010

Thu, 13 May 2010 (08:25 -0700 UTC) Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just released the fourth (and probably last) beta for 2.5.1.  If all goes smoothly, we'll be starting the rc's with the next release.
>
> This release pulls in the newly released xorg-server-1.8.1 and pixman-0.18.2.  It also includes the work I've been doing recently for libxcb including the patch series I sent to xorg-devel yesterday which will make libxcb understand a larger set of $DISPLAY variables.  This should fix the connectivity regressions that some people were seeing with the new xcb-backed libX11.
>
> We have 28 closed tickets with 7 remaining open in the 2.5.1 milestone.  I'll be evaluating these to decide which to keep in 2.5.1 and which to punt to 2.5.2.  If you feel strongly about any of these issues, please speak up.
>
> Full ChangeLog:
> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/ChangeLog
>
> Direct Download:
> http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.1_beta4.dmg
>
> Remaining 2.5.1 issues:
> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=2.5.1
>
> Yes, this is SL-only.  The first rc will be available for Leopard.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

With this beta, my app_to_run is no longer called.  Also, the bug of not
finding the correct display that was in an earlier version has returned
in an odd way.  Scripts called via the Applications menu start but
bundles that contain the same scripts and which are in the dock get the
wrong display (the one with the :0.0 rather than the :0).  I just did an
echo $DISPLAY in two xterms and found that both had DISPLAY as :4.0.
Console messages complain that there is no
/tmp/launch-LGszkt/org.macosforge.xquartz:0.0

I have reverted to beta3.

--
   rdr