[Xquartz-dev] 2.5.1_beta4

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu May 13 08:25:37 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I just released the fourth (and probably last) beta for 2.5.1.  If all goes smoothly, we'll be starting the rc's with the next release.

This release pulls in the newly released xorg-server-1.8.1 and pixman-0.18.2.  It also includes the work I've been doing recently for libxcb including the patch series I sent to xorg-devel yesterday which will make libxcb understand a larger set of $DISPLAY variables.  This should fix the connectivity regressions that some people were seeing with the new xcb-backed libX11.

We have 28 closed tickets with 7 remaining open in the 2.5.1 milestone.  I'll be evaluating these to decide which to keep in 2.5.1 and which to punt to 2.5.2.  If you feel strongly about any of these issues, please speak up.

Full ChangeLog:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/wiki/ChangeLog

Direct Download:
http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.5.1_beta4.dmg

Remaining 2.5.1 issues:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/trac/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=2.5.1

Yes, this is SL-only.  The first rc will be available for Leopard.

Thanks,
Jeremy