[Xquartz-dev] RandR status in XQuartz

Pelle Johansson pelle at morth.org
Sun Oct 3 09:28:09 PDT 2010

2 okt 2010 kl. 00.36 skrev Jeremy Huddleston:

> the "RandR mode" for the native resolution should now appear before the "legacy fullscreen mode" one which should help applications that just pick the first match find the expected mode.

Any chance of a binary where I could test this out?

> I still need to add code to capture the display to avoid window resizing, and multi-monitor configurations aren't supported very well at present.

I'm quite certain capturing the display would fix the "flash to desktop" issue as well so that would be great. I've now gotten used to using cmd-h to switch back to desktop though, so you probably want to make sure that continues to work.

A few times I've lost keyboard focus when entering RandR mode. It's not really reproducible, and not very common. I think perhaps some other X window than the game one is getting the focus, but not sure. Mouse still works. Is there perhaps some way I could ssh from another machine and see what's going on?

Nice work overall, been enjoying Civ 5 for over a week now.
--
Pelle Johansson