[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0_beta1 for Snow Leopard

doh123 doh123 at doh123.com
Sat Oct 16 19:06:27 PDT 2010

I've looked through Xquartz code some, but I'm not really that great at figuring it out... the only code changes I ever made were little hacks that you'd never want i the main code.  I'm sure I could figure it out eventually, but it might take me a long time since I'm rather new to programming in general let alone figuring out how Apple does things.

I saw in ApplicationServices.h there was Display Capturing... is that what was going to be used?  I can try to figure it out, but I'd have to figure that out, and Xquartz, so I doubt its anything I could get right quickly (or before the end of the year...).  Anytime its going fullscreen have it Capture the Primary display? While I could probably figure that part out, I'm not sure if the xserver would figure out the change right or not or if I'd have to tell it to reset or something so it would start working like it does right now with a single display... then it would have to switch back if it went back to rootless.

I'm just not sure I grasp everything that needs to be done.

I put in a feature request to see if Xquartz could control gamma as well... I know some other things like DosBox does that and it changes the whole OS gamma, so I was thinking Xquartz could too (theres also gamma settings in ApplicationServices.h)... that would most likely be one of the first things I really get done, cuz its good for me to dig in and figure this stuff out, its like a really fun puzzle game :-)  So while I will look at display capturing, please don't wait on me because its unlikely I'll get anything working right, but sometime in the next 3 or 4 months maybe I'll add the patch for the gamma feature request I put in.