[Xquartz-dev] ah-HAH! the precise problem here is … (Re: I got it working, but still potential problem (Re: Getting bad DISPLAY value during use of 2.6.1-2.6.2 (not with 2.6.0 & before).)

Will Mortensen willmo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 21:23:02 PDT 2011

On Apr 27, 2011, at 5:24 PM, SciFi wrote:

> The 1st problem was having to "fix" the mis-spelled DISPLAY string that I was having for some reason.  I ended-up moving-away Apple's Launch* plists for its version of X11, leaving the Xquartz plists to insert the "correct" DISPLAY string.  I would think a "launchctl unload -w" of Apple's plists might do the same trick -- if you would consider adding such lines to the Xquartz (installer?) scripts in the correct place, then we could test it.  (If you want something de-activated, then do it!  Don't leave it up to some "I am first" type trick. ;) )  As for removing Xquartz and re-enabling Apple's X11, a "launchctl load -w" of Apple's plists should be run, I would think.

I don't think that's necessary. The fact that /Library/Launch* takes precedence over /System/Library/Launch* isn't a "trick"; it's well-documented, and I'm sure Jeremy would be among the first to hear if it were ever going to change. (In fact I'd bet he works on the same floor of the same building as the person who would be responsible for changing it.)