[Xquartz-dev] Problems with XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.3)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Feb 1 11:19:56 PST 2011

Am 01.02.2011 um 18:30 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> That may have been before we fixed X11 to use the login environment.

In case this MacPorts version of X11 inherits my login environment it
does not pass it to its clients, For example uxterm does not inherit
INFOPATH although it's set in ~/.login. Xterm has it – but it uses a
login shell. In GNU Emacs 23.2, the stable version, I have:

	(getenv "INFOPATH")
	nil
	(getenv "MANPATH")
	nil
	(getenv "PATH")
	"/opt/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin"

It's nothing that *I* set.

In an X session environment launched with 'open /Applications/MacPorts/
X11.app' from a shell that has everything (set).

--
Greetings

   Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
				– Anonymous