[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.0_rc1 (for Leopard and Snow Leopard)

doh123 doh123 at doh123.com
Tue Jan 25 20:33:03 PST 2011

Thanks for the info!

I have screen capturing working right (for Wineskin anyways), and I'm able to use CMD+Opt+A to switch out of fullscreen to a unmovable window in Rootless, then I'm also able to press that same key combo in rootless to take it back to fullscreen at the last resolution if there was one.  Going back in was the problem and my solution was very hacky and very Wineskin specific, so its not really useful for Xquartz itself though...

I also add some other things, but its all Wineskin specific...

The last patch file I had attached though adds Display capturing exactly the same as its describes that Crossover does it, except the escape sequence is CMD+Opt+A (cuz it was already in there), and you cannot get back to fullscreen unless the Windows program tries to change resolutions again...  You may want to use the same method to add for an Xquartz update.  Its basically nearly exactly the same as the original capture patch, but changing the window levels for fullscreen.

now Cider seems to use CMD+Enter... and it never seems to be a problem, but I guess thats because they aren't really using X... so maybe they have more control?  I have Wineskin make Alt really be the Alt key, not CMD, so it might not be an issue either for me.

Would be nice to finally have a native quartz driver for Wine, but Xquartz is doing nicely right now  :-)  All the major shortcomings have been pretty much fixed... only the old extension for letting Wine control gamma appears to be missing, but I'd say wait for Wine to update to using RandR for gamma, then it might be easier to add in to quartzRandR...