[Xquartz-dev] Problems with XQuartz 2.6.0 (xorg-server 1.9.3)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 31 13:08:44 PST 2011

Am 31.01.2011 um 20:20 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

>> I ran env in uxterm's in X11.app and in MacPorts' XQuartz. Clearly
>> the latter does not read ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist or does not
>> pass the so built environment to children processes. The uxterm has
>> none of the environment settings set. It even has:
>
> It has nothing to do with XQuartz.app or X11.app reading or not
> reading environment.plist.  It has to do with your launchd (on
> Leopard) not reading environment.plist.

Why did it work before, one week ago, to supply all X clients with a
proper environment? Why is the situation of Mac OS X 10.4, Tiger,
back? How can I make launchd supply a reasonable environment to its
"clients"? Or do I need to augment each of the ~/.xinitrc.d/* scripts
with environment settings?

How would XQuartz know to lookup X clients in /opt/local/bin when the
MacPorts installer put the statement to augment PATH in my unused
~/.cshrc?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.