[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.1_rc1

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Fri Mar 18 07:19:16 PDT 2011

On Mar 17, 2011, at 6:53 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> Hey Jamie,
>
> Can you run these (from Terminal.app, since you obviously can't access your X11 windows):
> xinput test pointer
> xeyes
> xev

Actually running from an xterm isn't a problem as I can get focus on it with Expose. ;)

> Try interacting with the xev window.  Does it respond to mouse/kbd input?  Does xeyes follow your pointer?  Does xinput print out mouse clicks?

xeyes seems to follow my pointer around OK.

xinput test pointer seems to work fine, even when the window its running isn't focussed.

xev doesn't show any events when I'm clicking the mouse pointer on it or moving the mouse around. It does show keyboard events and gives a "FocusOut" event when I click from X11 to my Apple Mail window.

> Are you able to cycle/change windows from the "Window" menu in the menubar?

Yes, that works fine.

Perhaps I should point out at this point that I can't move the windows. Clicking on them just seems to have no effect, either focus, closing or dragging. I guess this probably means the bug is in quartz-wm?

Cheers,

Jamie