[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.3_rc1

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Wed May 25 13:33:51 PDT 2011

I know that I said 2.6.2 would be the last of the 2.6.x series, but I've squashed a fair number of crashes and annoyances recently.  I didn't want you all to have to wait for 2.7.0 to get your hands on them.

2.6.3_rc1 pulls in fixes for multiple crashes including two that are hit when either the display sleeps or the display resizes larger than it was before.  Some other less common crashes were fixed as well for when X11 starts without a display connected and a rare crash during shutdown.

quartz-wm also saw an update for some initial window placement and size validation (fixes an issue where fullscreen windows would be resized too small when the display increased in size).

iceauth and xauth should now work with AFP home directories.

If you've been experiencing any crashes in XQuartz, then I highly recommend giving this build a try.

http://static.macosforge.org/xquartz/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.6.3_rc1.dmg or just check for updates within X11.

Thanks,
Jeremy