[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.6.3_rc1

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Wed May 25 15:18:33 PDT 2011

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at apple.com> writes:
> If you've been experiencing any crashes in XQuartz, then I highly recommend giving this build a try.

Last week while I was on the road I saw several server crashes in 2.6.2
that I've not seen before or since.  They all seemed to have the same
backtrace, which I've forgotten the details of now, but it was in some
pretty low-level drawing routine to judge by the name.  The triggering
event was *not* anything interesting like display resize or wake from
sleep, it was just window exposes and suchlike.  Since what I was
doing is exactly the sort of stuff I usually do, the best theory I can
come up with is that it was somehow timing-dependent, with a large
latency to the client programs (which were on my home machine) needed to
trigger it, so that it doesn't happen when I'm at home.  This didn't
seem to make a lot of sense given where the crashes seemed to be, but
it's all I've got.  Anyway I hit "send to Apple" for a couple of them,
so you should have the details even though I don't anymore.  Does this
sound even vaguely like anything you fixed?

			regards, tom lane