[Xquartz-dev] Quitting XQuartz 2.7.0 (xorg-server 1.11.2) stalls Mac OS X 10.6.8

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Nov 27 15:20:46 PST 2011

Am 26.11.2011 um 23:55 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> Did you follow my other suggestions (like sshing in)?

Success! This time with new MacPorts' XQuartz 2.7.0 (xorg-server 1.11.99.1). I could login in via ssh and then invoke 'sudo reboot'. Around the time of launching X11 I see messages from sandboxd with /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/cvmsComp_x86_64.

I also had another "nice" issue. When I logged off because Onyx had shut down some applications to do fsck and then tried to login in, the new screen with the login tool was not the full screen but maybe 80 %, starting in the upper left corner. The new login session was also that size. Logging out again fixed this (while I hoped to see 80 % of 80 %).

--
Greetings

  Pete

Some day we may discover how to make magnets that can point in any direction.