[Xquartz-dev] Mouse focus issue...

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Thu Sep 29 12:47:33 PDT 2011

On Sep 29, 2011, at 12:35, doh123 wrote:

> Only got 3 game I can find I already have here that have an option to change between window and fullscreen that wants to take place while running.. not restarting the whole game.
>
> Neverball is a freebie thats easy to test on… and its very problematic if Wine allows the window manager access to the windows.
> If starting in a window, then going to fullscreen, it minimizes itself, and I have to select it from the 'window' menu to see it, then it looks like its working… but if you then go back to windowed, the actual window decorations are gone, even though there is still space for them, and then toggling back to fullscreen again keeps leaving that extra empty space at the top with the picture pushed down.

yeah, there is a bug in quartz-wm for minimization/maximization that shows up in Wine.  I'm guessing that this is the issue you're seeing here rather than fullscreen.

> Star Trek Online (and Champions Online… since STO is a re-skin using the same engine and interface).. used to just crash right away….  Now it seems to go from the log in window thats windowed with quartz-wm decoration, to a fullscreen mode just fine… but I cannot get back out, because at times when trying to change resolutions, or switch to windowed, or even hit Cmd+Opt+A… it crashes X11.bin with a "Could not destroy window 252 (3)." or similar destroy error.  This is not related to quartz-wm though because if I disable quartz-wm the same crash happens… and it also happens on 1.9 and 1.10 series servers.  I'll attach the crash if you wanna look at it.. it is kinda annoying and happens with my builds too.

Thanks.  That's an assert that we're calling due to a FatalError in xprDestroyFrame.  Additional logs might help explain why we weren't able to destroy that window.  Is there anything free that reproduces this?

> On Roller-coaster Tycoon 3, if Wine isn't stopping quartz-wm, then the screen just goes white… you can hear the sounds and click through things and hear the menu is working and everything, but all you can see is a solid white screen.  Another problem with this game… wether or not quartz-wm is doing its thing, when you exit out of the game during fullscreen, XQuartz stays stuck in the fullscreen mode and I have to Cmd+Opt+A out.

Are you seeing any CGErrors in your logs?  That sounds like some surface sharing isn't setup right for DRI.