[Xquartz-dev] Mouse focus issue...

doh123 doh123 at doh123.com
Thu Sep 29 13:29:05 PDT 2011

I think my problems with Mesa 7.11 has to do with the fact I do 10.5 builds and run them on 10.6 and 10.7.  7.11 built on 10.5 works fine on 10.5… but it crashes on 10.6 and 10.7… the version I'm using is… one of the 7.8 revisions I think, and the 10.5 build runs fine on 10.6 and 10.7.  I'm not sure I feel like troubleshooting Mesa changes to why this is happening… I'm hoping that more users will stop using 10.5 so I can just kill off support for it  :-)  I think I'm going to stick with the older version since I cannot see any performance difference in Wine using it and 7.11, until I can drop 10.5.  I could just put 10.5 and 10.6+ versions in there and have it use the 10.5 one only on 10.5 I guess.

To the STO crash.  STO will be free in the future, but I'm not sure when they are finishing it up… they are beta testing their Free to Play switch over right now.  So far I haven't personally found any other game that raises this error, and STO didn't use to either until an update 6 months ago or so.. they changed how they were doing something.  I don't play it too often and when I do I just run a Virtual Desktop and it doesn't crash… someone gifted me a Lifetime Membership back during beta so it is free to me :-)

on RCT3 - I had tested it 4 times before I sent that email… but now I went to get more logs and its working fine… 100% fine, and no idea why.  Its launching with no problems now and it switches fullscreen and windowed with quartz-wm acting great with it… I have no idea why it was solid white the first 4 times.  It sticks in the screen captured mode fullscreen though, but I'm not sure thats an XQuartz problem, it looks like the game is not sending anything to Wine to know it should be trying to change resolutions again…. and it won't affect Wineskin since it is going to shut down the whole X server and switch back wether the game says to or not.

Neverputt… you can play with that easily since its free, and it works by default in almost any version of Wine platinum.  I do not know why it auto minimizes, but you can get it back… the troubling part is that quartz-wm just vanishes and the windows are then non-decorated… but that might all be part of the bug you are talking about.  Wine already has known issues with window managers quite often, is why they have the option to disable them anyways.

XQuartz has come a long way in the last couple of years  :-)