[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.5_rc1

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Dec 25 16:41:21 PST 2012

Am 24.12.2012 um 02:01 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia:

> Or you can just grab the installer here:
> http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/SL/XQuartz-2.7.5_rc1.dmg

On Snow Leopard this version and all its precursors have one handicap: when I use display from ImageMagick it cannot display XPM or PNG images with transparency (transparently. Instead a checker board is used. On Tger, PPC, I can see transparancy… (and maybe also on Leopard, but to check this I need to wait until tomorrow, until the compilations have finished)

Why is the modern version less capable?

--
Greetings

  Pete