[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz-2.7.1_rc2

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Feb 4 04:20:23 PST 2012

Am 28.1.2012 um 20:37 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston:

> I'm hoping that this change might work around the "X11 looses focus" bug that I've never been able to reproduce.

I have to correct my previous post: this focus bug still exists. I would have needed to wait (and work) a bit more (five days running time, ten or more times sending the Mac to sleep and awakening it from sleep) to encounter it again. On a mixed spaces desktop with native Mac OS X applications and X11 windows when I click on an X client's window with the mouse this event goes through the X client and hits a native application. Then it's not possible to select any GNU Emacs window. In this situation it can happen that I start a text selection in an X window lying under the top most one. The situation can be made normal when I select the title bar of gkrellm.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Only useless documentation transcends the first two laws.
				– Arnold's Third Law of Documentation