[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz-2.7.1_rc2

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Sun Feb 5 01:33:46 PST 2012

[Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> (2012-02-04 21:34:43 UTC)]

> And is the Quicktime X the "free" product that comes on a Mac OS X install DVD?

I assume that is what he meant. The QuickTime Player app on my mac is version 10.1 (hence the X, in my imagination), and it does have screen capture capabilities.

> To record this, Quicktime X would need to work like a video recorder in a bank or gas station: work for hours in an infinite loop but save only the last few minutes.

It's possible you could make that happen with a bit of Applescript. Start a recording, stop it a couple minutes later, start a new one, remove all but the latest half dozen recordings, repeat. No, I am not volunteering to write the script.

- Harald