[Xquartz-dev] weird behavior - wacom

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Mar 10 10:23:58 PST 2012

Well there is literally no difference between 1.11.4 and 1.12.0 for the XQuartz DDX, so it's probably not "us" specifically, but there has been quite a bit of churn in the DIX, libXi, Xlib, and xcb.

When you mention menus, I just want to clarify that you mean X11 windows and *not* the OS X menu bar in X11, right?

Can you try isolating the cause for me?  With 2.7.1 installed, backup the server binary:

cd /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/
sudo cp X11.bin X11.bin-2.7.1

Next, install XQuartz-2.7.2_beta2
Then restore the old server binary
cd /Applications/Utilities/XQuartz.app/Contents/MacOS/
sudo cp X11.bin X11.bin-2.7.2_beta2
sudo cp X11.bin-2.7.1 X11.bin

If it works, this means it's a server issue.  If it still fails, then it's probably a client issue.

Thanks,
Jeremy