[Xquartz-dev] question Quartz-WM options

Shane Dobbins shanedobbins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:50:56 PDT 2012

Hello,

I was wanting to make changes to the quartz managers and I hope I email
this correctly.

Q1:
On the Xquartz application.  we see the X11 logo on top of all windows @
the location for a proxy icon.  I was told that the X11 image was compiled
into the libXplugin.dylib that apple has kept closed source.   What I am
wondering is:  does it leave the option open for changing this?    There
seems to be no documentation on the library and its usage.

Q2:
I like to update the screen resize functionality and add the native full
screen support for 10.7+ users.  Would this be part of the Window Manager
or a part of the Xquartz?

thank you
Shane