[Xquartz-dev] question Quartz-WM options

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Tue Oct 2 15:29:13 PDT 2012

On Oct 2, 2012, at 2:50 PM, Shane Dobbins <shanedobbins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wanting to make changes to the quartz managers and I hope I email this correctly.
>
> Q1:
> On the Xquartz application.  we see the X11 logo on top of all windows @ the location for a proxy icon.  I was told that the X11 image was compiled into the libXplugin.dylib that apple has kept closed source.   What I am wondering is:  does it leave the option open for changing this?    There seems to be no documentation on the library and its usage.

Yeah, there's no support currently to allow this.  If you want to work on it (on the quartz-wm / AppleWM side), come up with an API that would help you do that in XPlugin, and I'll try to schedule some time to implement it for you.

> Q2:
> I like to update the screen resize functionality and add the native full screen support for 10.7+ users.  Would this be part of the Window Manager or a part of the Xquartz?

It should be there already.  Is it not?  I don't have a retina mac, but I believe it should be supported.  What is the output of 'xrandr' on your retina MBP?