[Xquartz-dev] (no subject)

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Sat Oct 6 22:32:27 PDT 2012

On Oct 6, 2012, at 16:24, Shane Dobbins <shanedobbins at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> Thank you.  I was wondering where that was officially kept.

Where what was officially kept?

>   MacPorts is
> the way the go on installing this the needed tools.
>
> I was running the how to build off the website for the Quartz-WM, and I was
> having the following errors:   Didn't know if you had an idea what I did
> wrong.
>
> error at:
>
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/X11/share/pkgconfig:/opt/X11/lib/pkgconfig
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/X11
>
> output:
> ./configure: line 11408: syntax error near unexpected token `QUARTZWM,'
> ./configure: line 11408: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(QUARTZWM, applewm >= 1.4
> pixman-1 x11 xext xinerama xrandr xproto >= 7.0.17)'

Your autoreconf didn't find the pkg-config m4 macros.  Make sure you set ACLOCAL when you run autoreconf.

# assuming /opt/local/share/aclocal contains the pkg-config m4 macros:
export ACLOCAL="aclocal -I /opt/X11/share/aclocal -I /opt/local/share/aclocal"
autoreconf -fvi && ...