[Xquartz-dev] I am having problems with 2.7.5_rc3 and _rc4 (rc2 & before were ok)

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 11 15:52:04 PST 2013

Am 11.11.2013 um 22:28 schrieb Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia:

> What issues do you have using the launchd socket?

None (I'm not using it). It's awkward. I prefer to have one space filled with X clients and not X clients and X servers spread over all spaces.

You and Apple seem to believe that X11 is some auxiliary means to temporarily make an X client visible, I feel in the X variant of GNU Emacs more comfortable and natural and supported by its lightning fast reactions. This is my work horse, not the AppKit or the NS variant. And what I particularly like is that I can close the windows clearly as their title bars on the desktop/in the (home) space.

--
Greetings

  Pete