[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.7.8_rc2

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 15:36:40 PDT 2015

> On Oct 13, 2015, at 13:54, Ken Thomases <ken at codeweavers.com> wrote:
>
> On Oct 13, 2015, at 11:48 AM, Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia <jeremyhu at apple.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all this feedback regarding the window placement issue.  I'd really like to be able to reproduce the issue myself to verify that the proposed solution addresses the problem, but I am not seeing the issue on my machine.
>>
>> For those of you reproducing, can you please fill in the following data?
>>
>> OS X Version:
>>
>> Is "Displays have Different Spaces" enabled in System Preferences -> Mission Control / Spaces?:
>>
>> Number of displays connected:
>>
>> For each display, is it traditional (1x) or retina (2x)?:
>>
>> If multiple displays, what is their arrangement (a screenshot from Display Preferences would be perfect):
>
> I suggest you also ask for the Dock configuration: is it positioned on the bottom or one of the sides of the screen?  Is it set to auto-hide or not.
>
> Jeremy, have you tried with the Dock on the bottom and not auto-hiding?

Yep, that was it.  I run with it on the right.  I can reproduce it now.  Unfortunately, it still reproduces with:

    aquaMenuBarHeight = [[NSApp mainMenu] menuBarHeight];
#if ! __LP64__
    if (!aquaMenuBarHeight) {
        aquaMenuBarHeight = [NSMenuView menuBarHeight];
    }
#endif
    if (!aquaMenuBarHeight) {
        NSScreen* primaryScreen = [[NSScreen screens] objectAtIndex:0];
        aquaMenuBarHeight = NSHeight([primaryScreen frame]) - NSMaxY([primaryScreen visibleFrame]);
    }

but at least I can reproduce it and should be able to get out an rc3 later this week.