[Xquartz-dev] Class unable to view Qt5 Linux app using XQuartz

from at alumni.stanford.edu from at alumni.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 12 11:26:07 PDT 2016

Dear XQuartz Developers,

I followed your advice and emailed the Qt mailing list. They looked at the
source code and are quite confident the the problem is with XQuartz.

My class is using XQuartz 2.7.8.
We are logging into RHEL 6 using ssh -Y forwarding (problem also with -X).
Our system has Qt5 version 5.4.0 and libX11 version 1.6.3.

I can provide you with any other information you need.

Our students with Linux and Windows laptops aren't having any problem, just
those with Macs using XQuartz.

I would greatly appreciate your help in fixing the problem. This is week 3
of our 10-week quarter.

Many thanks,

Bill

On Apr 12, 2016, at 10:22 AM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>