[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.0_rc2

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sat Mar 6 08:09:23 PST 2021

Hello!

I have some problems with this version on Big Sur, macOS 11.2.2. It is XQuartz 2.8.0_rc2 (xorg-server 1.19.7) running, X clients used are /opt/X11/bin/xterm and a few versions of GNU Emacs. Window manager is blackbox. This one is missing its usual decoration, GNU Emacs from MacPorts is missing the usual fonts (could be libotf is not compiled in).

The most obvious bug is that copy&paste does not work, neither in and between GNU Emacsen nor in xterm nor between Aqua (Terminal) and X11 – except that I just could copy xterm's full path name from xterm to Mail… The other way does not work. In XQuartz' menu I can see only Copy and no Paste. This one way function also works in GNU Emacs, i.e. copy from it into Mail.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.