[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.0_rc2

Tom Lane tgl at sss.pgh.pa.us
Sat Mar 6 08:27:44 PST 2021

Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE> writes:
> The most obvious bug is that copy&paste does not work, neither in and between GNU Emacsen nor in xterm nor between Aqua (Terminal) and X11 – except that I just could copy xterm's full path name from xterm to Mail… The other way does not work. In XQuartz' menu I can see only Copy and no Paste. This one way function also works in GNU Emacs, i.e. copy from it into Mail.

First thing is to check XQuartz's preferences to see if you have
copy/paste turned on --- rc2 is supposed to be able to copy prefs
from previous versions, but that failed earlier, and maybe it's
still not right.

Some of us have seen paste-from-XQuartz-to-macOS suddenly stop
working, but not the other direction.  Restarting XQuartz has
fixed that for me.

Can't speak to your font issues.

			regards, tom lane