[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.8.0_rc4 regressions found

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at apple.com
Mon Mar 22 14:13:10 PDT 2021

> On Mar 21, 2021, at 09:27, Nicholas Papadonis <nick.papadonis.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm using Mac OS v10.15.6 with a 12" system and found the following regressions in v2.8.0_rc4 from v2.7.11:
>
> 1. XQuartz does not switch to the foreground when launched.  I have to go to the dock and click to bring it to the foreground.

Seems to work for me.

> 2. I'm unable to launch X windows apps from a 'ssh -X host' session, i.e. 'ssh -X host xclock' cannot create an X connection.  Launching an X app from XQuartz using the drop down app option Terminal does work.  I have .ssh/config = "XAuthLocation /opt/X11/bin/xauth; ForwardX11Trusted yes".

Again, works  for me.

> 3. I use Edwin (scheme -edit) which is like Emacs.  My Edwin keybindings for Meta-W (copy) no longer work.  So I think something in the keymap changed.

The keymap should be the same.

Can you debug these issues and file tickets with any additional data you have?

> I'm also confused why XQuartz 2.7.11 asked me to install a newer version (available), however this new version is still in Beta.

That was because 2.7.11 unfortunately subscribed to the beta feed.  That being said, I just released 2.8.0 last night, so you should try with that.