[CalendarServer-users] delegation help?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Fri Nov 9 09:35:20 PST 2007

Hi Joe,

--On November 9, 2007 9:51:37 AM -0500 Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:

> Makes perfect sense, thanks!
>
> My only questions are what does the auto-schedule flag do, and how did
> you discover this? Is there a source of documentation I was not aware of?

<auto-schedule> means that the resource or location will automatically
respond to any scheduling invites sent to it. i.e. if you add the location
as an attendee to an invite and send out the invite, the server will
intercept the invite for that resource, check that it does not conflict
with an existing event on the calendar for that resource/location, and then
send back an appropriate schedule reply (accepted or declined) and "book"
the event on the calendar if accepted.

This is appropriate behavior for non-restricted locations/resources (e.g.,
ones used on a first-come-first-served basis). For "managed" access
(restricted), you would turn auto-accept off, and then the delegates would
manually process the invites, accepting/declining as appropriate.

--
Cyrus Daboo