[CalendarServer-users] Need help with configuration to Open Directory

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Oct 29 09:21:58 PDT 2007

Hi Stewart,

--On October 29, 2007 8:46:01 AM +0000 Stewart Randall
<stewart at srandall.co.uk> wrote:

> One final question if that's okay. Will the OD schema on 10.4 support
> delegation? When I try to add a user from the OD to allow write access,
> the user can not be found. The client is running Leopard and I've added
> the directory service using Directory Utility.
>
> Any ideas?

That won't work as iCal does require the schema for its delegate lookup, as
far as I can tell.

The only way you can manage this is by creating your own tool to setup
delegate info. That basically involves changing group membership details on
certain principal resources related to the user who wants to delegate. If
that is done, then iCal's 'Accounts I can access' panel will list those -
you just won't be able to use iCal's 'Manage Account Access' feature.

(Of course the other option is to upgrade to Leopard Server :-) ).

--
Cyrus Daboo