[CalendarServer-users] ics feed from CALDAV

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Feb 19 13:14:08 PST 2008

Hi Mark,

--On February 19, 2008 4:03:54 PM -0500 Mark Corner <mcorner at cs.umass.edu>
wrote:

> Has anyone written something to translate a caldav calendar into ics/
> webcal format?  A cro job, php script etc.
>
> We have a leopard caldav server and would like to use this with older
> tiger ical clients and with our web pages.  For instance, there are
> plenty of plugins for things like drupal that can use an an ics feed
> but not much (well nothing) for caldav.  We are only looking for read-
> only.
>
> It should be straightforward to create something that grabs all the
> events from the caldav server and puts them in ics format.  I suppose
> I could write one using the testing suite as a starting point?  I
> figure someone must have done this before.
>
> (I think I have my terminology right)

If you do an HTTP GET on the calendar collection (rather than the .ics
resources within that) the server will return you a single .ics file with
the "rolled-up" calendar data from all the .ics resources in the collection.

This provides a read-only view of a CalDAV calendar that non-CalDAV clients
can subscribe to.

--
Cyrus Daboo