[CalendarServer-users] Downloading ICS files

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Jun 24 15:09:37 PDT 2008

Hi Tom,

--On June 24, 2008 2:27:35 PM -0700 Tom Roli
<caricatureproductions at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am new to the list and the calendar server. I am working in PHP and
> need to find a way to download a users calendar (so I can use the
> information).
>
> Currently, I am able to access a users entire calendar with the following
> request:
>
> /usr/bin/curl -X GET
>
> This works great for my needs, but there can be a lot of data to parse
> through.
>
> 1. Is there a way to use this method to request a single day's .ics data?
>
> 2. Is there a way to retrieve a single week or month?
>
> 3. Can only events or todos be downloaded?
>
> Anyway, thank you for your time.

Yes you can query for events, including time-ranges. To do that you need to
use the CalDAV calendar-query REPORT method as defined in the CalDAV spec
(rfc4791) and target your request at the calendar collection. If you look
at the spec you will see an example of a report that will do a basic
time-range query. You should be able to get curl to generate that report
with an xml body that you supply with the appropriate time-range data. You
will then need to parse the resulting XML to extract the events you want.

--
Cyrus Daboo