[CalendarServer-users] Attendes from Outside

Gerhard Rauth gerhard.rauth at web.de
Wed Jun 25 03:52:42 PDT 2008

Hi there,

I'm running CalendarServer in the latest Version on my iMac for
testing. Most is fine. May goal was to have in my calendar in ical the
appointments both on my iMac and MacBook. Well and some other
Calendars for resources. If I make new Appointment in the normal
calendar (not stored on CalDAV) I can invite attendees without
problem. If I start to type I get people out of the adressbook and
mail sends perfect. But the first problem is when I schedule an
appointment with 3 people from my company I have to type the email
address like it is in teh accounts.xml that CalendarServer will notice
them. If I just type the name or ID nothing will happen. The next
problem is that I can't sent to an attendee from outside. Even if I
drag an drop the vcard to my server based calendar. In the terminal I
get a message that there was an error during post.

I don't want to have to keep for one appointment 2 records one in the
normal iCal calendar and one in the server based one. What do I wrong
- or is it just not possible what I want?

The next problem is that I want to delegate a calendar for reading to
another person. It looks like it dosn't work with iCal. Is there an
other way?

Thank you for you help in advance!

Kind Regards

Gerhard