[CalendarServer-users] Need some help in debugging iCal

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Tue Dec 1 02:05:33 PST 2009

I guess the first things to look at would be to make sure your computer does indeed point to the right place.

Have a look in the preferences and find the hostname or IP address of the calendar server that's set there.  Then on the Terminal run this:

	ping <hostname or IP address>

Does it answer?  Press Ctrl-C to stop the output.

assuming it does answer I'd then check that the MAc can get to the TCP port of the calendar server.  Open Safari and paste the full URL from the preferences into your browser.

Note... you might need to set the port in the URL..

https://<HOSTNAME>:8443/calendar/users/....

I've set the port to 8443 which is the default for calendar over SSL.

Does safari return data?

--Guy