[CalendarServer-users] monolithic webcal collection?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Sat May 2 09:43:15 PDT 2009

Hi Greg,

--On May 1, 2009 1:52:44 PM -0500 Greg Day <gregday at airwaterunix.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out exactly what is meant by monolithic calendar
> subscriptions. CalendarServer works like a charm for all my CalDAV stuff,
> no complaints. But not all my software supports CalDAV. Near as I can
> tell from the CalDAV spec, the CalendarServer docs and config files,
> there's supposed to be a webcal (".ics") subscription feed for all your
> events. It is meant exactly to give something to those clients that
> support subscriptions but not CalDAV. If I go to my caldav server (
> :8008) in a browser, I see a "webcal" link that results in an error when
> clicked, and I'm pretty sure I have monolithic calendar feeds enabled in
> the config.
>
> So my question is: what would be the URL I use for that feed?

You need the URL to the calendar collection, something like:

http://calendar.example.com/calendars/users/gregday/calendar/

If you are using iCal to create your CalDAV calendars you can do "Get Info"
on a calendar to see its underlying URL and that is what you would paste
into the subscription-only clients.

--
Cyrus Daboo