[CalendarServer-users] calendar server on debian

Jochen Grotepass jgrotepass at googlemail.com
Wed May 6 12:36:13 PDT 2009

Well, maybe here are some hints:

The caldavd is running under user "caldavd" on Debian. The file
"/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key" does not (by default) have read
permissions to this user. So you might either add the user caldavd to
the group ssl-cert or change the group access to caldavd.

Next the authentication issue. As far as I have learned (pretty new) -
you should *NOT* enable all authentication mechanisms together. Just set
the digest to "true" and the rest to "false". Maybe this helps. Whereas
I am currently starting to implement Kerberos as it seems to make more
sense in my environment (thanks Georg Troska)...

Jochen