[CalendarServer-users] calendarserver behaves extreme slow, what is going on

Fernando Ruza Rodriguez fernandor at sescam.jccm.es
Tue Oct 13 01:10:23 PDT 2009

El dom, 11-10-2009 a las 14:07 +0200, Jelle de Jong escribió:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have been using calendarserver on Debian for a few years now, and
> since the beginning I have had issues that it takes around 20 to 30
> seconds to just show the agenda on client systems.
>
> I first thought this is just an annoyance of using a caldav system.
> However I now also use a Zimbra caldav agenda and the agenda loads
> completely in less then a second while the darwin calendarserver appears
> many many seconds later.
>
> When on the phone making an appointment, it is almost unable that it
> takes around 30 seconds to load the agenda. 30 seconds is a long time
> for the person on the other end of the conversation.
>
> Could somebody have a look at my attachments, and maybe tell me why my
> calendarserver is behaving so extreme slow, or if this is just normal
> for calendarserver?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jelle

I had this problem also with the debian package in squeeze and I thought
it was dued to the number of users I had, more than 3 thousand however
it happends the same with few users.

I saw the package was a very old version of CalendarServer (1.2) and I
decided to compile the subversion trunk what it was very hard but at
least, after more than a week I could do it (I had to download a couple
of things manually, ez_setup and Twisted, if someone need more details
how I do it let me know). However in the 2.2 and 2.3 versions and also
in the svn trunk there is not possibility to use groups
(http://trac.calendarserver.org/ticket/330 ) something I don't
understand and which is very important for me and right now I'm stopped
for this reason.

Regards,

Fernando.