[CalendarServer-users] iCal can no longer see server's calendars

Daniele Procida procida at cf.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 07:37:27 PDT 2010

On 13 Aug 2010, at 09:58, Daniele Procida wrote:

> Until yesterday, my server worked perfectly well.
>
> I use one user, called home, which has a number of calendars.
>
> Yesterday they all disappeared from iCal. iCal can still connect, and create and find new calendars and events. This affects every machine I try to connect to the server with.
>
> I can see all the calendars at :8008/calendars/users/home/ on the server, and the events in them, but only ones I have created since yesterday are visible in iCal. I'd really love to get the old ones back!

I am pretty sure now that the problem is that xattr data has been lost (after a server problem), not just on the collections, but on the .ics files too.

I've seen a workaround from Cyrus on how to deal with this:

<http://lists.apple.com/archives/ical-server/2007/Nov/msg00036.html>

but it hasn't worked for me.

Daniele
--