[CalendarServer-users] invalid tokens and a missing setuptools module

Conrad Wasmer conrad at wasmer.homeip.net
Mon Aug 30 00:30:20 PDT 2010

Hello all -

I suffered a setback today. I had to restart DCS and when I did, things went awry.  I was getting the following error when using the "./run" script:

Starting server...
exec python /library/dcs/Twisted/bin/twistd  -n caldav -f /library/dcs/calserver/conf/caldavd-dev.plist -o ProcessType=Combined
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/library/dcs/Twisted/bin/twistd", line 19, in <module>
    run()
  File "/library/dcs/Twisted/twisted/scripts/twistd.py", line 27, in run
    app.run(runApp, ServerOptions)
  File "/library/dcs/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py", line 689, in run
    config.parseOptions()
  File "/library/dcs/Twisted/twisted/application/app.py", line 669, in parseOptions
    usage.Options.parseOptions(self, options)
  File "/library/dcs/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py", line 231, in parseOptions
    self.subOptions.parseOptions(rest)
  File "/library/dcs/Twisted/twisted/python/usage.py", line 241, in parseOptions
    self.postOptions()
  File "/Library/DCS/CalServer/calendarserver/tap/caldav.py", line 228, in postOptions
    config.loadConfig(self["config"])
  File "/Library/DCS/CalServer/twistedcaldav/config.py", line 668, in loadConfig
    configDict = parser.parse(open(configFile))
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/plistlib.py", line 406, in parse
    parser.ParseFile(fileobj)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 509, column 76
launchctl bsexec failed: No such file or directory

I'd take suggestions on how to get that resolved...

But first, given my inability to diagnose that on my own, I decided to check out the latest revisions to see if the problems I was experiencing had been addressed, but it seems I may be alone here.

So, now, when running the setup script (./run -s), I get the following error in re: dateutil:

Building dateutil...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./setup.py", line 7, in <module>
    from setuptools import setup
ImportError: No module named setuptools

I do not know where to look for the module "setuptools" or how to add it if necessary.  Any ideas for how to remedy this error?

I would greatly appreciate any ideas anyone can offer for either or both of these issues.

Thanks much!

Conrad