[CalendarServer-users] HTTP 404 problems

Rasmus Borup Hansen rbh at intomics.com
Thu Apr 26 04:07:55 PDT 2012

It looks like I've solved the problem. Apparently, you cannot rely on CalendarServer generating the GUIDs. I added the following configuration and haven't had problems yet:

…
    <key>DirectoryService</key>
    <dict>
      <key>type</key>
      <string>twistedcaldav.directory.ldapdirectory.LdapDirectoryService</string>

      <key>params</key>
      <dict>
…
	<key>rdnSchema</key>
	<dict>
	  <key>guidAttr</key>
	  <string>entryUUID</string>
…

This reuses OpenLDAP's Universally Unique IDentifiers as Globally Unique IDentifiers in CalendarServer which is probably a nice thing in itself.

Best regards,

Rasmus

Hansen, Rasmus Borup              Intomics - from data to biology
System Administrator              Diplomvej 377
Scientific Programmer             DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby
                                  Denmark
E: rbh at intomics.com               W: http://www.intomics.com/
P: +45 5167 7972                  P: +45 8880 7979