[darwinbuild] Building root/header packages

Michael Franz mvfranz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:11:20 PDT 2005

After giving this another try.  I used the latest from CVS.  Followed
the steps to setup an image and then build.

The downloads work and the environment seems to be setup correctly,
but the chroot environment does not run.  This seems like the same
problem I had with the previous release.

If I do: darwinbuild -nochroot xnu  -- xnu builds, but if I do not
pass the -nochroot, the process just stops after mounting the devfs.

Is anyone having success with Panther?  Is my system messed up?
Shouldn't the chroot env. guarantee a consistent environment?

Michael