[darwinbuild] how to build the Security project?

Kevin Van Vechten kevin at opendarwin.org
Thu Nov 17 11:39:54 PST 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 11:29 AM, Ben Zhu wrote:

> Kevin,
>
> 1. To build the libsecurity_keychain, I ran
>
>    # darwinbuild libsecurity_keychain
>
>    I got an error:
>    CoreFoundation/CFNotificationCenter.h: No such file or directory.
>
>    Try to solve this problem, I ran
>
>    # darwinbuild CF
>
>    I still got errors.
>
>    Do I need to set up the header file environment first or I need
> to run Some patch file?

There's a patch:
<http://release.opendarwin.org/release/8.2.1/Sources/
libsecurity_keychain-78.p1.patch>

> 2. To build the IOUSBMassStorageClass, I ran
>
>    # darwinbuild IOUSBMassStorageClass
>
>    I got an error:
>    IOKit/scsi-commands/IOSCSIProtocolServices.h: No such file or
> directory.
>

> To run darwinbuild on a project, is there a general rule to follow? I
> mean
> If a build failed due to the build order, I can easily to figure out
> what I should do.

Usually this is because there's a patch that's needed, and you can
check the OpenDarwin site.  If you'd like, OpenDarwin has its own
property list for 8F46 available at:
<http://release.opendarwin.org/release/8.3.1/plists/8F46od1.plist>

If you download this plist, and re-run darwinbuild -init with it, you
will get all of the OpenDarwin patches automatically:

# curl -O http://release.opendarwin.org/release/8.3.1/plists/
8F46od1.plist
# darwinbuild -init 8F46od1.plist

Also, I just noticed that our correspondence hasn't been sent to the
darwinbuild@ mailing list.  In general I like to answer questions
with the mailing list cc'd, so that everyone can benefit from the
answers to the questions.  Is it OK if i re-send our emails to the
mailing list?

Thanks,

Kevin