[darwinbuild] Using darwinbuild for development

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Tue Sep 27 15:18:27 PDT 2005

Hello all,

a few days ago I decided to give the kernel a kick. As there are so
many good comments about darwinbuild, I set up this to build the thing.

Now, it seems a lot like the kernel is built from scratch each time I
issue darwinbuild, regardless of how much code I change. Even two
"darwinbuild xnu" in a row do two full rebuilds each time. In
comparison, building xnu outside darwinbuild makes builds after a
small code change almost a snap (5 min vs. 40 min).

Is there something I could do about this?

Thanks,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/