[darwinbuild] Custom flags and PB Projects

Graham J Lee leeg at teaching.physics.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 9 06:24:20 PST 2006

Hi,

I've searched the archives and the darwinbuild website for this one,
and tried some things of my own, and haven't been able to find an
answer, so here I am :-).

I'm trying to hunt down a crash in /usr/libexec/bootpd by building a
custom bootp-133.6 from Darwin 8G32, using darwinbuild.  I want to
turn on as much debugging as I can using -ggdb so that I can inspect
variables and list source; the default seems to be '-g' which doesn't
contain source listing:

(gdb) list
1	{standard input}: No such file or directory.
	in {standard input}

Now bootp is a project builder project with a Makefile; I've tried
modifying settings in Makefile.postamble including ALL_MFLAGS and
ALL_CFLAGS, and DEBUG_SYMBOLS_CFLAGS but they don't get picked up
when I subsequently invoke darwinbuild bootp.  It still uses the
default compiler flags.  How do I modify this project to include
custom compiler flags?

Thanks,

Graham.